Weekly review of renewable energy mergers and acquisitions (April 12-16)
April 16 (Renewables Now) – Renewables Now has covered the M&A stories of Ã˜rsted, IKEA, Tilt Renewables, Northland Power and others over the past week. Here is the full list:
– Sunworks to acquire residential solar company Solcius
U.S. solar installers Sunworks Inc (NASDAQ: SUNW) and Solcius LLC have said they have agreed to join together, creating a business in 12 states.
– SPI Energy purchases more than 6.5 MW solar storage project in Massachusetts
Hong Kong-based SPI Energy Co Ltd (NASDAQ: SPI) has agreed to acquire a 6.5 MW community solar photovoltaic (PV) project coupled with 5.45 MWh of storage in Massachusetts.
– Stadtwerke Heidenheim purchases 15 MW wind farm in Brandenburg
Electricity and gas supplier Stadtwerke Heidenheim AG has acquired the 15 MW Niedergorsdorf wind farm in the German state of Brandenburg.
– Ã˜rsted completes the sale of 25% of its stake in the 1.1 GW Ocean Wind project to PSEG
Danish Ã˜rsted A / S (CPH: ORSTED) announced that it has completed the sale of a 25% stake in the 1,100 MW Ocean Wind project off the coast of New Jersey to the American diversified energy company Public Service Enterprise Group Inc (NYSE: PEG).
– Photon, Canadian Solar swap project rights in 580 MWp of Aussie Solar
Solar developers Photon Energy NV (WSE: PEN) and Canadian Solar Inc (NASDAQ: CSIQ) have traded the rights to 580 MWp of solar projects they have partnered with in Australia.
– Norwegian Moreld creates a floating wind entity and invests in Ocergy
The Norwegian industrial group Moreld AS has announced the creation of a floating wind turbine subsidiary as well as a major investment and cooperation agreement with the sector player Ocergy Inc.
– IKEA store owner buys stake in 160 MW of solar farms in Russia
Ingka Group, the world’s largest IKEA furniture retailer, will invest in the acquisition of a 49% stake in 160 MW of solar farms in Russia.
– The American company Catalyze buys the solar developer PermaCity
US renewable energy company Catalyze Inc has announced that it has taken over California solar developer PermaCity Corp.
– DEME and Penta-Ocean create a JV for Japanese offshore wind power
DEME Offshore, part of the Belgian dredging group DEME, and Japanese maritime contractor Penta-Ocean Construction Co Ltd (TYO: 1893) have agreed to form a joint venture (JV) to target the Japanese wind market offshore.
The companies said they are in the process of creating a joint venture that will be 51% owned by Penta-Ocean and 49% by DEME Offshore.
– Capital Dynamics buys another wind project without subsidy from Energiekontor
Asset manager Capital Dynamics has acquired a ready-to-use, subsidy-free 13 MW onshore wind project in Scotland from German renewable energy developer and operator Energiekontor AG (ETR: EKT).
– Tilt offers the possibility of a higher offer than the take-back agreement with AGL-Mercury
Tilt Renewables Ltd (ASX: TLT), the acquisition target of domestic utility AGL Energy Ltd (ASX: AGL) and its New Zealand counterpart Mercury NZ Ltd, is in talks to see if it can secure a proposal for superior redemption.
– Israeli Solegreen to inject USD 104 million into US solar installer Kuubix
Israeli renewable energy developer Solegreen Ltd (TLV: SLGN) will invest up to $ 104 million in California solar installer Kuubix, supporting its expansion into the United States.
– Maxeon Solar plans up to $ 144 million through share offering
Singapore-based solar panel maker Maxeon Solar Technologies Ltd (NASDAQ: MAXN) could raise nearly $ 144 million through a subscribed public offering of common stock.
– Northland enters Spain with the acquisition of a 540 MW renewable energy portfolio
Canadian power producer Northland Power Inc (TSE: NPI) is preparing to acquire an operational 540 MW wind and solar portfolio in Spain, marking its entry into the Iberian country.
– Power Factors acquires the Swedish renewable energy management platform Greenbyte
Power Factors LLC, a US provider of renewable energy operations and asset performance management software, said it had taken over Swedish renewable energy management platform Greenbyte AB.
– Eos Energy acquires Holtec from the battery manufacturing JV
US zinc-based energy storage solutions provider Eos Energy Enterprises Inc (NASDAQ: EOSE) has taken full control of HI-POWER LLC, its manufacturing joint venture (JV) with Holtec International.
– Ã˜rsted acquires Irish and UK onshore wind farms from Brookfield Renewable
Danish Ã˜rsted A / S (CPH: ORSTED) announced its entry into the European onshore renewable energy market with the acquisition of the onshore wind activity of Brookfield Renewable Partners LP (NYSE: BEP) in Ireland and the United Kingdom .